Friday, May 8, 2009

Camera-Critters #57: Sparrow (麻雀), Passer Montanus

Sparrow must be the most common bird.  When I was young, it was the only bird that I know and saw everyday.  They were everywhere.  Now, when I pay more attention to the bird around me.  I saw many different kinds of bird and sparrows are actually not so numerous as I remember.  They move fast as a group and quite often on the ground seeking foods, which make getting a photograph of them without complicated background quite difficult.  Two weeks ago, I was in the Guandu Nature Park and saw this little thing posing perfectly for me on top of a wooden post.

To see more Camera-Critters from around world click here.

5 comments:

Susan Cook said...

Great shot of the sparrow. I see a lot even at my bird feeders. But they are still cute. TFS

Marie Reed said...

The sparrow has such intense and knowing eyes!

Müge Tekil said...

Very nice shot of this cute bird! Have a beautiful new week! :-)

Carolina said...

When I was younger there were lots more sparrows then there are nowadays. I think they are even close to becoming a protected species in our country. I can vaguely remember something in the news about that last year.

Great shot!

Unknown said...

That's a great shot of the sparrow !!

We have quite a few that live in a tree, just down the road from us..

I've been trying to get a shot of them, but the dog next door starts barking as soon as I pass him and scares the birds off !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails