Highland Light was the first lighthouse of Cape Cod. It was authorized by George Washington in 1796 and completed on 1797. Here is a view of the lighthouse from the ocean side. By 1990, the lighthouse was in danger of falling into the ocean due to beach erosion. The original lighthouse was 500 feet from the cliff, by 1990, it was 100 feet from the ocean and it lost another half of it in that year. 1.5 million dollars was raised and the lighthouse and the keeper's house were moved 570 feet from the cliff in 1997.
Here is a closer view of the lighthouse and keeper's house. It was again a beautiful July day on Cape Cod with clear blue sky.
Too see more sky from around the world click here.