Sunday, December 6, 2009

Today's Flowers #69: Ixora duffii cv. "Super King"

Even in the sub-tropical paradise of Taiwan, this time of the year, we find very few blooming flowers. I was at the Taipei Botanical Park this morning, the only flower worth photographing was the Ixora duffii cv. "Super King". It is common known as Jungle Flame, and its Chinese name is 大王仙丹花. I used a 20mm lens and aperture set at f14 to give me enough depth-of-field to bring both clusters of flower in-focus. This Nikon prime lens has very little distortion and the image looks more natural than other wide-angle zooms.

Here is new flower buds photographed with a 105mm micro lens again I used a very small aperture, f20 to have the whole flower in focus.

Here I got really close.

To see more flowers from around the world click here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots of a beautiful IXORA plant.
Very lovely indeed.

Quilt Works said...

I really like the close up - always great to see an unuseal angle and composition!


... "Delicate curls"

lazyclick said...

Beautiful shots.

Carletta said...

Lovely shots!
Worthy of the King name. :)
Love the closeup!
Carletta’s Captures.

Nance said...

Great shots...you captured the color so well.

Unknown said...

how exciting to be able to spend time in Taiwan...nice for me to get å glimpse of the other side of the world

Rechie said...

beautiful shots of these beautiful flowers

mine is here

Japa said...

Red and beautiful shots. In our place, we have a local and general name for that, santan.

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful flower! I've never seen one before.

Hanne said...

You take great shot! Love your blog ❤

DeniseinVA said...

I like its name, Jungle Flame, and I only wish I could pronounce its Chinese name, 大王仙丹花. Your photos are lovely, as is this Jungle Flame. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

fiziskandarz said...

hi! gazillion thanx for the kreativ award! we really appreciate it :D hope everything is doing great there :) [ and we like the last photo the most ] :)

SandyCarlson said...

Ixora. Now I know. Beautiful.

Seasonviews... said...

great pics.. shot well!! thrilled to see such a nice lence work..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails