Sunday, April 25, 2010

Today's Flowers #90: Yoshino Cherry Blossom

I left Taiwan on April 15 to the US, the main purpose is to visit our daughter's family in DC. I was told that I missed out the cherry blossom season in Washington already. On my way to DC, I stopped by our home on the Cape Cod for two days. The Yoshino cherry tree in our garden was in full bloom.

I initially planted three of them seven years ago, two died, the replacements died also. Thus out 5 planted only one survived. It was the first time that I came back on the Cape in the early spring to see it in full bloom.

The whole tree is covered with flowers. I arrived just at the right time, none of the flowers were on the ground yet.

You can see I am very proud of this Yoshino Cherry Tree.

To see more flowers from around the world click here.

6 comments:

Daniela said...

It´s a beautiful tree and i love the closeups.

EG CameraGirl said...

The cherry blossoms are exquisite. I wish they bloomed longer!

eden said...

They are such beautiful blooms. Great shots.

Jama said...

Simply gorgeous!

amatamari© said...

Beauty elusive, almost magical ...
Magnificent series, just in time for this wonderful gift!
:-)
Thanks for sharing!

DeniseinVA said...

I can understand why you have so much pride in your survivor. It is breathtakingly beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails