Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Camera-Critters #112 & ABC Wednesday: S is for South Cape Beach

South Cape Beach is about 20 minutes from our house on the Cape Cod.  I have shown recently the Willet on the beach and my walk through the Great Flat Pond Trail of the pine barren.  In May and June, it is the migratory Season, we can see many birds returning or passing through.  Quite a few pairs of willet nest on South Cape Beach.  This one was away from the beach and seeking food at the Swamp area.  I like the photo which shows it in a different habitat.

Usually we see Swan in man-made lakes in the parks.  Only on the Cape Cod, do I see Mute Swan in the wild and during migration.  I have shown their magnificent figures in flight last year.  I was glad to see them coming back to the Sedge Lot Pond of the beach this year again.

Look how magnificent they are, coming in for the landing against the morning Sun.

I was so happy to see the egret, the first time for me on the Cape.  We have large, middle, little and cattle egrets in Taiwan.  But this one is different.

See its black bill and yellow feet, which it raised up for us to see.  It is a Snow Egret.

It was very Shy and flew away the minute it saw me approaching.

Here is a common Sparrow on the beach.  I love the color of the background of this picture.

This is a female Tree Swallow.  The Tree Swallows have established well in the many man-made little bird boxes over the mud flat.

This male Tree Swallow was trying to dive-bomb me, see its brilliant blue feathers. 

You can click on the pictures to see more details of the birds.

To see more entries of ABC Wednesday click here.

To see more Camera-Critters from around the world click here.

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous captures of such beautiful birds and such a beautiful place! Wonderful to be able to see so much beauty! I'm in wonder every time I go down to the Sound and see all the beautiful birds, water and mountains! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots, very lovely birds.

Bettey said...

Wow, these are some great shots of the birds. Gorgeous location :)

Hood Photo Blog

Roger Owen Green said...

this post is for the birds! ;-) I jest.

A nice SET of SHOTS.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Vicki said...

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Mara said...

I love that first photo of the swan. It looks as if he's about to hug a loved one who has been away for a long time!

photowannabe said...

Beautiful magnificient swans. I would love to see them in the "wild" too. Great captures. Thanks for sharing.

Tumblewords: said...

I agree with you. The background colors of the Sparrow are outstanding. Superb bird photos.

Joy said...

Wonderful time of year, the birds are active and singing and the migrants have returned. Your photos capture all that so well, apart from the singing, that's just in my head:-)

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

Lovely birds. And I prefer the second one..nice day, dear

graceolsson.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Your bird shots are very nice. Swans are Stunning birds! I could watch them for hours.

Janie said...

Great bird photos. You did a wonderful job of catching them in flight.

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of all the birds. Looks like a great place for birding.

fiziskandarz said...

we always like the way u photograph birds in flight! they're sharp! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails