Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ABC Wednesday: L is for Lighthouse

 This was  the second time that I specially went to photograph the Nobska Lighthouse.  It is located at Woods Hole on Cape Cod.  It is sitting right on the division of Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound.  I went there during the last day of my visit to our Cape Cod home at the end of last August.

 It was first built in 1828, then rebuilt in 1876.  The lighthouse is fully automated in 1985.  Since then, the station is the home of the commander of US Cost Guard Sector Southeastern New England.

 Here is a better view of the lighthouse and the home of the Cost Guard Commander.  I think the beacon behind is now the real modern lighthouse!!

To see more entries of ABC WEdnesday click here

8 comments:

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

I don't know why,but I love lighthouses! This is lovely.

Gigi Ann said...

Those are so beautiful, I love looking at pictures of lighthouses, and these are exquisite.

Jane and Chris said...

I'd love to live in a lighthouse, they seem so romantic!
Jane x

Roger Owen Green said...

I LOVE lighthouses~! Beautiful & functional.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Leslie: said...

Absolutely stunning photos! Have been to Cape Cod and love it there! Ah to return one day to spend more time basking in the beautiful surroundings...

Leslie
abcw team

VioletSky said...

It is so bright and shiny looking! those newer beacons won't have any of the romance for future generations to sigh over!

Linnea said...

That is quite a majestic and well-taken care of lighthouse. It looks fabulous against the brilliant blue skies.

Kathy said...

It looks absolutely amazing against that brilliant blue sky! Wonderful photo.

P.S. I have never seen a lighthouse. I believe I have been deprived, don't you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails