Sunday, August 23, 2009

Today's Flowers #54: Mophead Hydrangea

We have shown perviously in our Today's Flower blog of the Lace-Capped Hydrangea and the white Annabelle Hydrangea from our Garden. This time we show the most popular Mophead Hydrangea. They are not from our garden. When I went back to Cape Cod in late Spring, I gave all our Mophead Hydrangea a good pruning of its dried branches from last year, not knowing by doing it, I inhibited the flowering of this year.

These photos were taken at Point Reyes Station at Marine County north of San Francisco. As we all know that the color of hydrangea changes depending on the acidity of its soil.

To see more flowers from around the world click here.

12 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Beautiful! Particularly that last shot; what gorgeous colors.

Nance said...

A friend gave me a "baby" of her Annabelle Hydrangea in the early spring, and guess what? It gave me a bloom already! i love it!
You have lovely hydrangeas!

Ebie said...

The colors are beautiful!
My main blog is here.

Tammie Lee said...

Oh, these are gorgeous. http://miztlee.blogspot.com/2009/08/allow.html

the Baitlady said...

Beautiful blooms! This is my first year that I got blooms on my hydrangea ... and the plant is five years old. The reason for my lack of blooms is a son and a husband who don't know how to use a weed trimmer and mowed it off on me every year since I planted it. This year I took over the weed trimming and I have beautiful blooms once again.

VALKYRIEN said...

Beautiful shots of this wonderful flower! And - your guest friend entry last Sunday was spectacular! So exotic and wonderful shots!

Sandy Kessler said...

so much beauty ever make a wreath??

DeniseinVA said...

Gorgeous hydrangeas, such pretty colors! Thank you very much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love your hydrangeas pictures!!
I have quite a large collection in our garden.

Arija said...

Just beautiful colours of your Hydrangeas.

Mia N said...

Hi Grace and Bradley,
Blue is my favorite.

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

HI Grace....only know I get to come here and to say...
I dont knoww...but I like to be called GRACE for my daughter´s husband...

hehehehheh
and u?

Grace, I will follow your blog, now, ok?
I did not do that before cause I needed to install firefox..I was using IE and was with problem...have a nice day

graceolsson.com/blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails