Chatham Lighthouse is the second lighthouse built on Cape Cod. It was built after the Highland Lighthouse. To distinguish it from the Highland Lighthouse, it had twin towers. Ships came in would line up with the two lights to avoid running aground. The original two towers fell into the sea in 1877 and 1879. The replacement towers were built in 1881.
1923 marked the end of the Chatham twins, the north tower was moved to replace "The Three Sisters" of Nauset. The lighthouse were threatened by storms in 1987 and 1991. For now it seems safe. The last picture shows the beach and bay under the overlook of the lighthouse.
To see more sky from around the world click here.