Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ABC Wednesday & Camera Critters #171: Z is for Zoo

I cannot imagine that my English vocabulary is soo poor.  All I can think of for "Z" is zoo or zebra!

 I went to Taipei zoo in mid-March, a perfect Spring day to test my ability of using my 80-400 mm lens on the D300.  Its lower ISO performance and the 1.5x factor made the combination much more difficult to use than with D700.  I have to use a very solid tripod and pull out all my skill and trick to get a very sharp image.

A hood crane (Grus monacha), the avery has been closed for renovation.  I could only walk around for the caged birds.


To see more entries to ABC Wednesday click here.
To see more Camera Critters from around the world click here.

17 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Toronto, I hear, has a lovely zoo.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Shooting Parrots said...

Zebras -- my all time favourite animals.

Tumblewords: said...

That's a handsome zebra, to be sure!

Leslie: said...

GORGEOUS photos of zoo animals!

Leslie
abcw team

Reader Wil said...

This zebra is a very beautiful one, perhaps it's because the photographer is so skillful!

Meryl Jaffe, PhD said...

Beautiful shots!

Paula Scott said...

As always, such stunning images you provide us with!

Berowne said...

Excellent photography; good Z post.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Love zoos...and I especially like the expressive face on the orangutan.

My C C Link Hope you have a great weekend.

Kate said...

How smart to post for two memes, esp. with great photos.

Sandy Kessler said...

That zebra is a stunner!

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of the zoo critters. The zerbras are neat looking and one of my favorites.

Tina said...

So cute. Very nice pictures! LG Tina :)

RNSANE said...

Well, I would say you've mastered the photography skills with that cameMy Camera Critters is at:

http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/07/camera-critters-171-not-feeling-jumpy.htmlra. Wonderful shots!

Jidhu Jose said...

nice shots

Dishita said...

beautiful clicks.
Amsterdam is one of my dream destinations.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good photos, especially I like the portrait of orangutan.

Regards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails